Friday, May 14, 2010

TGIF! and a Tag

A while ago Raquel Byrnes, Lilah Pierce, and Anne over at Piedmont Writer tagged me with the 5 questions/answers meme. For a "Tag" you answer 5 questions 5 times to share a bit about yourself. So here goes!

Question 1 - Where were you five years ago?
1. Same town, same house.
2. Helping my daughter begin her freshman year at U of M.
3. Helping my youngest begin his freshman year in high school.
4. Doing a lot of writing.
5. Hoping that writing might actually get to the point of being published.

Question 2 - Where would you like to be in five years?
1. In a different house.
2. On a book tour.
3. Watching all of my kids settled into the life of their choice.
4. Working on my Ph.D.
5. Traveling to all the places around the world I’ve always wanted to visit.

Question 3 - What is on your to-do list today?
1. Make it through the last day of the week in my classroom.
2. Finalize the Pacing Guide for my Human Rights and Genocide course.
3. Work on critting at least one chapter for my crit group.
4. Think about a theme for my blog posts next week.
5. Pack and leave for a quick trip to Chicago to pick up my oldest.

Question 4 - What snacks do you enjoy?
1. Potato chips.
2. Any kind of chocolate.
3. Strawberry shortcake.
4. Hot fudge sundae.
5. Rice pudding.

Question 5 - What five things would you do if you were a billionare?
1. Pay all of my bills.
2. Establish trust funds for my kids and their children.
3. Buy each of my kids a house.
4. Start a foundation that grants scholarships to underprivileged kids going to college.
5. Donate to causes/institutions doing work to benefit women and children.

The rules are that I get to pass the Tag along to 5 Bloggers I admire....

Aubrie at Flutey Words
Tara at Feel of Something New
Bossy Betty
Crystal at write because you must
B. Miller

And that's all folks. I'm out. Have a great weekend.

15 comments:

  1. In a diner, eating rice pudding! That's why we're friends. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM HOT FUDGE SUNDAY!!!

    I love how you said "A different house" you have great goals for your five years! I hope they all come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tag! I love the idea of being on a book tour in five years. And I've never tried rice pudding! Guess I'll have to :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your five years from now list. When you're on the book tour, stop in Boston or Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a great weekend, too! It was fun learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to get to know you a little better. Good luck with the five year projection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this tag! And I REALLY love rice pudding!

    Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just made me want a hot fudge sundae REAL bad. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. interesting stuff! i like how you've got to answer it 5 times.... because answering it just once just wasn't enough. ;) i am SO with you on the desserts, although i haven't ever tried rice pudding. i LOVE anything chocolate... far too much.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. I truly hope you are on a book tour in five years time.

    Perhaps on your travels you could pop into New Zealand? We could do lunch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come to London on your book tour! I'll take you to Blenheim Palace!

    And hot fudge sundae, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice list! I like that you'd want to start a foundation to send underprivileged children to college -- that's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's some awesome stuff. I think I can totally relate to many of those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the tag! I am notoriously bad at these things.

    Loved your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmm. Lola likes hot fudge sundaes (and banana splits...extra hot fudge)! I don't love the thighs that come with the yummy hot fudge, but it doesn't stop me from eating it anyway.

    I enjoyed reading your tag answers.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete