Friday, January 1, 2010

Welcome

A writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent, because everything she does is golden. In my view, a writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing you do shows any sign of promise, you keep writing anyway.

Junot Diaz, O Magazine, November 2009

This is it. The year I finish the novel. The year I consider myself a writer. Along the way, I'd love to talk to other writers about their work, their goals, their writing.

So that's what this is. Our conversation place about how we write, when we write, why we write, what we hope for our writing. I'd love to hear from you. Please feel free to stop in and chat.

3 comments:

  1. Love the title...it describes the process of writing well. Looking forward to seeing the novel be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I was sort of thinking of you and I both when I came up with the title and found the picture.

    And I'm looking forward to seeing both novels finished this year. You've at least got momentum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diaz' words are words to live by.

    Good luck to both of you with the novels.

    ReplyDelete